Monday, September 15, 2008

Good intentions enough?

I am still reading"Every body's Normal till you get to know them"
OK, I am slow a reader ;o)
I am still on the "Mat carriers and roof crasher". I want to be both!!!! but I am afraid I am more often like the ones who go inside and find a seat , get comfortable and wait for Jesus to speak. My intentions are good, I want to hear Jesus and all that he has to say, I want a up front spot, I want to see his face!! Is this bad??
well, when I think about the whole thing, I think about these friends and what great friends they are, they wanted more for their friend than for themselves, they wanted their friend close to Jesus, that is what great friends do, I mean they could have left their friend and got there early and got a great seat but instead they carried his MAT and dug through the roof and lowered His Mat for Him to see Jesus. I did wonder what the homeowner thought but then what did the others ,who got there early think?
I mean, they wanted to hear Jesus and then someone interrupts ! How dare them! I may not have said that out loud but many times I have thunk it ;oO
Thank God, He reminds me that More than anything, God uses people to Heal People.
Jean Vanier ( not sure who he/she is but I like this) said" A community is never there just for itself or for its own glory.it comes from and belongs to something much greater and deeper:the heart of God to bring humanity to fulfillment. A community is never an end in itself: it is a sign pointing further and deeper,calling people to LOVE"
So while good intentions are good, if they are not with Love then they are Nothing!!

2 comments:

Ace said...

Thanks for dropping by, and thanks for the random thoughts. They have left me thinking...I don't where I would have been on that day. Probably wanting to be nice and cosy inside like you. Wretch that I am!
love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
I didn't know that you blogged. Just happen to see it on Debby's site. Love ya,