Monday, May 18, 2009

Not reform but adore!!

Psalm 51:1-2 Have mercy on me,O God, according to your unfailing love: according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
This Psalm was written after Nathan confronted David's affair.. David is begging God to deliver him, David knows the high cost of sin, he had to be in agony over all he had done.. When sins reigns over a believer, it always separates them from God, not is relationship but in fellowship...Here David comes to God begging for his mercy, you know God welcome him into his presence.. In his presence is where we all long to be.. but sin and holy never keep the same place so how can this be? Paul talks a lot about the struggle we have with flesh and wanting to be holy and blameless before God....
I was raised with lots of rules but learned that legalism totally ignores the holy spirit and our relationship with God and others. Its focus is negative...The rules, instead of limiting our sins, defines sin..... giving our attention to sin and then we desired it more than desiring the one who we were trying to keep the rule for....The answer to having victory over sin is learning to worship... not reform but to Adore the Savior!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

So true my sister in Christ! Thank you for sharing this post today.
Blessings,
Bren