Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another How Can this be?????

I have to tell you.. I Love God's word.. He amazes me and cracks me up.. I love the fact that He uses people that are all messed up and in Need of Him.. Just Like me!! ONLY God!!!

This year I started the study of Jesus.. and Mary was approached by an angel.. to let her know she was going to carry God's son.. she said..How can this be? I am a virgin!!.. after reading that.. I ask God to do "How can this be" moments in My life, my family, My kids etc.. Moments that could only be God!! and I have to tell You.. He has. and I praise Him for that!!

I am reading now, in Luke 4;22-30 Jesus speaking and the people were amazed at the words that came from His mouth and said.. How can this be,Isn't he Joseph's son?"..... how many times does satan fill our minds with doubts.. how can God use you.. your a nobody..Jesus didn't let this stop Him..

After reading this, it made me realize that even those who heard Jesus.. were amazed by what He said but still missed His message... This same crowd.. who were amazed by Him then turned and were furious at Him.. just in a matter of moments..WOW!!!.. How? because they missed His message...

I realized.. that our churches.. the body of Christ, so many times, are amazed at God and sing His praises on Sunday but then are mean and cruel to one another.. We welcome everyone and We say we ought to love and forgive but first chance to show it, we gossip, we ignore, we judge, we look the other way. We pick up rocks to throw..

Why? Because we missed His Message.. to Love one another, to serve one another, to forgive one another... to go and do like wise.... WE missed it!

James 3:10- "My brethren, these things ought not so to be"..... How Can this be??

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Lisa,
Thank you for this post today. I understand how you feel ... it is difficult . . . when others who love Christ . . . seem like they forgot who they serve.
I love you, my friend and you are in my prayers.
Sorry I missed you the other day . . . let's get together soon.
Give Diamond a big kiss from me. She is adorable!!!!
Your sister in Christ,
Bren