Monday, April 20, 2009

Cracked Pots

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
~2 Cor. 4:7

I love this verse, It says a lot about God and who he is ... His Ministry of grace on our lives, that he would choose to use cracked pots for his glory...
Our lives should be nothing but a visible representation of Christ.. 24/ 7. We are His ambassadors.. we never get a day off. 24/7 Ambassadors represent their country. Everything they do , say, go, how they spend their time ,reflects back on their country. So if I am God's Ambassador, I am a walking, talking 24/7 representative for Christ. Whether or not I open my mouth( which is hard for me not to open ) I am communicating volumes about my Savior..... My pastor has this great quote" What I believe about my future determines how I live today" So true...... My actions and attitudes reflect my true beliefs.. Do I worry, Am I fearful or joyful? A servant or selfish? In the ways that God has blessed me, do I use them for His glory? Am I forgiving or angry? Prideful and ???.......
Knowing these struggles.. makes this verse even sweeter to me... cause I have been all of those.... BUT this precious treasure-this light and power that now shine within us( ME)-is held in a perishable container, that is, in our(MY) weak bodies. Everyone can see that glorious power within must be from GOD and it def. not our(MY) own!!!! ANY and I do mean ANY good that you see if from HIM!!
Thank God He uses ... this pot, that many would not look at, want or use because of all the cracks it has, It is a wonder it holds anything. Some of the cracks , others made, Most of the cracks I have made myself, from bad choices along the way......
My prayer is that His glory shine all through my many cracks !
This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine.....

1 comment:

kay said...

i myself am a cracked pot. fortunately i know where to go to get free refills!!