Friday, December 11, 2009

Prone to Wander......

Wherever I am--high above the sky or in the deepest ocean-nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us. Romans 8:39

Have you ever heard of the name Robert Robinson? I have sung his songs and read some portions of his writings but never knew his name... Last night, as I read about his life, I recognized some of myself in his experience....
If you were raised in church like I was,then you might have sung his song or heard it .. "Come ,thou Fount of every blessing,Tune my heart to sing Thy grace"....
Robert admitted,that while he love Jesus deeply ,but..At times his passion for God and his devotion ran dry, His heart was prone to wander...

In Revelation 2:1-7 In this letter, talks about their service to him and their unwillingness to tolerate evil but He said..YOU don't Love me or each other as you did at first! Look how far you have fallen from your first love!....

After many years of wondering far away from God,Robert Robinson was riding a stage coach with a young lady that was shocked to find out that the words she was reading, were written by the man sitting in front of her... with tears coming down His face..She read, "Streams of mercy,never ceasing" She showed him there were no seasons too lengthy ,no distance too great for the love of God to find him,comfort him and bring him home again....

I have been in a relationship with Jesus since I was 8 yrs. old... I have been like the church in Revelation..stood against evil but did not love... I have been like Robert and wondered far from God...I have done a lot of service for God.. I thought what I did for Christ ,was what the christian life all about but in Knowing the truth of God's word, it is what He does in and through us!!( Gal.2:20) As I surrender to His will and live by His spirit, Loving becomes His responsibility!

I am forever grateful for his love and mercy..May the words of Robert Robinson be our prayer......"O to grace how great a debtor ,Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness like a fetter, Blind my wandering heart to Thee: Prone to wander Lord, I feel it-prone to leave the God I love: here's my heart-O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.

By the Grace of God,I never want to leave of my first love for Him....

No comments: