Monday, December 7, 2009

The study of David is over but God is NOT finished.....


Our Swag study of David has ended and I wanted to share with you the last blog I posted.. hopefully it will encourage you.. to devote yourself to having a Heart Like His..
Monday,December 7,2009

While the book study and blogging might be finished... God working in us to make our hearts like His..IS NOT finished !!!

This study of David's life has been an awesome encouragement to me... Showing me God's love and mercy and His faithfulness to those who love him... David's life gave me hope... That devotion to God doesn't mean PERFECTION but that God loves me in spite of my weakness and He can use me, when I devoted to Him..
Even though David made BIG mistakes and had many troubles., and even though he'd fall down and He'd get back up, he'd run and hide ... He did leave a legacy of faithfulness and a heart that was devoted to God through it all.... David allowed God to develop within HIM an authentic relationship with Him....
There is so much from this study that God has impressed on heart.. from different people, just a few are :

* Samuel- not to mourn what could have been or what I thought should have been...
* Saul- not to hide behind my baggage and waste the opportunities God has given me, not to let jealousy , angry take root in my life..
* The woman, who stopped the revolt by cutting of the head- That God sometimes ask us to do the unthinkable to help farther his kingdom and I too can stop a revolt by cutting my words!
* David- while some might just see a Shepherd boy God sees a King!, don't judge,others, God ain't done yet!! Also to worship God with a" no hold Barr", worship, focus on HIM- no matter what you look like.. Dance!! He taught me that with God, all things are possible..He showed courage even in the midst of His own fear.. Forgiveness given in the deep sin ... he was devoted to prayer, also to make sure I am not trying use someone else Armour (expectation of me or their gifts) but use what He has given me , He will uses it to slay the giants and point people to HIM!! Also, to hold on to people ,positions and things loosely, cause they are all His!! David served His generation, so how am I doing this? Even when His dreams were not fulfilled, he stayed faithful to God til the end, trusting God with it all!!! So many other nuggets in this study.. as a wife, mother, friend, a mourner, warrior, worshiper...

I am so grateful, that the God of David, is also My God... That I too, can have a Heart like His.,being wholly devoted to HIM.. because He who began a work in me will continue til the day of Jesus Christ!!(Phil 1:6)

Thank you my friends, for taking this journey with me, God has used You in my life, like Jonathan with David, You have encouraged me through what God has spoken to you... As the songs says.. I see Jesus in You and it makes me love HIM!!!..
My prayer for you is...1 Chronicles 29:10-20-...... direct their hearts to You Lord, give to them a perfect heart to keep your commandments... Now bless the Lord Your God!!!!.......

I am blessed, to call you my friends!
Love ya'll, Brat SWAG

No comments: