Monday, July 28, 2008

Good intentions

I am studying about David and how he had god motives when he had the ark move on the ox cart but then it stated to fall and person died.......Beth Moore talks about how His motives for transporting the ark was both pure and right.His means, however was tragically unscriptural.He made the grievous mistake of not pouring over the scriptures for the proper handling and transport of earth's sacred vessel.
It made me think of how many times I have had good intentions and started moving and low and behold someone died( well not really) but got hurt, spiritually hurt and wounded, All because I had not taken the time to pour over God's word and went ahead and spoke on my own!!!
I really relate to this when it comes to my husband and kids, OUCH!!!! this is very convicting, i was raise that it was the thought that counts and now i know that is not truth!!!

One more thing, The bible tells us about the Philistines had transported it the same way , yet they did not died when they touched it, hummmmm. God expects His people to possess the scriptural knowledge and approach rightly what is scared..
Now we can understand why David was afraid and angry. but I wonder, Are we( the church) teaching His people what is scared or just to have good motives???
What am I teaching my kids???

No comments: