Friday, February 12, 2010

Awwww So Refreshing....

I remember the good old Coke commercials, that would show a person on a hot day drinking a icy cold Coke and then say Awwww.. Just watching it , you felt your thirst quenched...(Then they might start singing I'd like to teach the World to sing...;oD Just kidding, but I like those commercials too)

There is nothing like a vacation where you can totally rest For me a change of scenery or Even just spending an evening with with my Man or family or with girlfriends refreshes me...

But to be Refresh from the Lord is like none other...

Acts 3:19 "Repent,then and turn to God, so that your sin may be wiped out, that times of Refreshing may come from the Lord."... This verse really open my eyes to to the fact that I asked God to forgive me and thank the Lord, He has! He saved me but the daily confession is like refreshment to our Souls...

There is a lot of us walking around with unconfessed sins that are weighing us down and we are wondering why we are parched,weighed down,weary, or discouraged....
When we confess sin daily, we walk away Refreshed, cleansed and ready to be filled and walk in the Spirit...
The verse says "Repent".. "turn to God".. so many days I am in a hurry or before bed so tired... I say God, please forgive me of sinning( but I don't name it) then I go on my merry way.. I haven't Turn to God.. so then I find myself right back where I started with a weary soul, all the while wondering why am I here again???..

God wants to refresh us... He is asking that I repent and return to Him...
"Oh soul are you weary and troubled ?" Maybe You need to Repent and Return to Him and He will Refresh YOU!!!

My prayer is that I will quickly Repent and Return to Him, And that He will make me eager to wear His righteousness and Holiness , just as He was to wear MY SINS!!!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

You are so right my sweet friend. To be refreshed in the Lord. Happy Heart Day!!!! Check out Seeking Grace I have baby news.
God bless you,
Bren