Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Breathe

Breathing.. you know I must admit, I take it for granted.. I breathe everyday and do not think about it.. Not until it is hard to do...

I remember when I was younger, having the wind knocked out of me when I fell and landed on my back... and then watching my little boy gasp for air as we try to get him to cough up a candy stuck in His throat...It is a very Scary thing...

Well, this week I had my spiritual breathe knocked out of me..I was in disbelief.. I couldn't catch my breathe.. I was in a daze.. watching the world go around and people going about their business .. I wanted to scream and Say..Hey!! don't you care...I was angry , hurt and so sad, feeling all alone.. I had a hard time even trying to talk to God cause I didn't even know where to begin...I even ask God, Why?. I knew He must be hurting too!

I had been here before.. all due to my own Bad choices ..The shame and burdens of sins had knocked me down and I felt like I couldn't' breathe.. but this time it was different.. It was watching someone else get Hit and Knocked out of breathe. I could not help.We cried together but I know she felt all alone and I had nothing to offer..As I sat to try and talk with God and study His word,He so sweetly reminded me that....

Psalm 22:1-11 "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
Jesus spoke them from the cross (Matt. 27:46), but they were first spoken by David when he was going through a severe trial.
Jesus Christ was forsaken that we might not be forsaken. God the Father forsook His Son on the cross when He was made sin for us (II Cor. 5:21).
We cannot be forsaken because the Savior was forsaken in our place. We can't be forsaken because of His promise to never leave or forsake us (Heb. 13:5). We cannot be forsaken because of His abiding and eternal presence with us (Matt. 28:20). We cannot be forsaken because of His purpose to work all things together for good to those who love Him (Rom. 8:28). And what is His purpose? That we might be conformed to the image of His Son (Rom. 8:29). David became a beautiful picture of the Lord Jesus Christ. And he had to suffer to do it. In spite of your circumstances and feelings, remember: God will not forsake you.

When you go through trials, your circumstances and feelings can deceive you into thinking God has forsaken you. But the Bible promises us that He will never forsake you. Next time you feel forsaken, remember that God is always true to His Word ..Trust In the Lord with all your might and Lean NOT unto your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge HIM...He will direct your path..
He will breathe new life into you!!!!

No comments: