Monday, November 10, 2008

Daddy and Daughter


This morning, As I was getting dress,I heard the conversation between my daughter and her daddy. He was getting ready to go out the door for work, it went something like this..

Daddy, I love you, you are the best daddy in the world. Daddy, thank you for my house and food and clothes and Dora, Daddy, daddy. Daddy ,where are going? thank you for working hard for me, Daddy, When will I see you? Daddy. I love you!!!!

Then he went out the door and she comes skipping and dancing into my room and lets me know that she has the best daddy in the world and She is his princess girl. As I listen to her, I was grateful at what God had done in our family. We adopted her at three years of age, she is now seven, I remember the very first day she saw Duane, she called him daddy, (I knew at that moment she was ours, there was not turning back). I was reminding of my relationship with my heavenly father. I thank God, He adopted me into his family. I was reviewing Romans 8:28-39 and what God had told me He will do for me.

The "I will" statements in the passage..

I will... make sure all things work together for your good.

.... conform you into the likeness of my son

...... justify and glorified you

.....graciously give you all things

.....intercede for you

..... never separate his love from me!!!!!

These are promises to me from God, He does not just tolerate me.

God is on my side because He chooses to be. He choose me!!!!

So I, as his daughter can be confident , Just as I see the confidence in my daughter when she saids to her daddy, You are the best daddy in the world., I am so glad that I am your girl. I too can say the same to my father, cause He is the best father , in and out of the world!!!!! So let's go skipping and dancing and living like God's girls!!!

1 comment:

kay said...

thank you for that!

sometimes i hold God at a distance because i can't get my mind around how big he is. but i have to remember that no matter how big he is he wants to be my best friend and to love me like i'm the only person on earth.