Friday, November 14, 2008

I ask God....

My Husband and I are involved in a Life group from our church, which we love! In our group we watch a movie and then answer questions, trying to find Jesus in the movie and how it relates to our life and how we can apply God's word to it.
Well, Since I do not analyze most things, this has been a challenge for me. I usually watch a movie for entertainment value only, Others in our group see it clear as day, my husband being one of them. ( opposites attracts ;o) Our last movie was SIGNS, In it Mel Gibson character had lost his wife and was really mad at God for allowing that to happen and then aliens came and attacked his family. OK, you might need to see the movie .
I was thinking about Mel's character ,He had asked God not to take his wife ,He was very angry with God, cause it was not the answer he wanted. He then turn from God and left the church ., lots more going in the movie.... but.....
I realized that I too have asked God to do something For me and many times did not get the answer that I wanted. I can thank God for some of those "NO" answers .. like the boy I wanted to marry in high school, God protected me and Him :O) but there have many things like my parents divorce, then loss of children through both pregnancy and adoption.. there are many more things both big and small, that I have ask God to do For me ...
Psalms 121 is a great reminder of what God does and reminds me , that too often I seek help from wrong sources... It is He who made the Mountains , the heavens and ME!! He will always have his loving eyes on me, refreshing my soul and protecting me from danger without and within.
While God may have not done all that I ask Him to do for me, He was doing something IN me.
Phil. 1:6 He who began a good work in you, will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns!!!
I am eternally grateful that God, who knows and sees the big picture , Yet, He still wants me to be a part of his plan. What an awesome God!!!!

1 comment:

Ace said...

Thank you for sharing!!! He loves us especially when he doesn't give us the stuff we think we need. Now that I am a parent, I see that, but it is still hard to accept sometimes.