Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Expensive Habit

Today is ending a long weekend of Thanksgiving fun. I had some much warm fuzzy time with family and friends. My mom made all the great comfort foods and for a short moment we all forgot about our worries and enjoyed each other and our life!!! Not to mention that the Dallas Cowboys won their game , Yeah!!!!;o)
But now , as I come down off the mountain top, Reality hits and I hear about heartaches,From the loss of a 15 year old boy , who was out with his father and brothers hunting and in an accident loss his life, then, others who have loss their job, marriages that are fighting for survival, Men who have to be deployed and spend time away from their family..
I begin to be highly concern... OK, WORRY! What is happening??? Why is it happening? Why do bad things happen to good people??? Then I recognize , I have become anxious.Which I do not consider myself to be that kind of person but God reveal, while I do not act as the rabbit in the Winnie the Pooh books saying ,"Oh dear". I do act it out. I will not be confessing how I act it out at this time ;00....
In Matthew 6:27 " You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it."
God reminded me I have an expensive habit, .. anxiety.. which it does cost me. It cost me peace of mind! I learned that Anxiety splits our energy between today's priorities and tomorrow's problems. Part of my mind is on now ;the rest is not even yet.
The result is.. half-minded living. You know that saying " you have half a brain"... well, if you are worrying then..... Ouch!
Worrying has been connected to causing diseases, link to high blood pressure, heart trouble, blindness and many other things.This is a very Expensive Habit!
God, through His word, let me know that Anxiety doesn't work, our frets are futile. It has never solved a problem, nor cured a disease.
It has cause me to live only half the life I was meant to live!!!
It is an expensive habit.. That is not worth the cost!
So Today.. I am casting All my cares on Him for He cares for me!!!

The 15 year old boy who died in the hunting accident, At His funeral, 17 young people came to know the Lord.
It is not for me to understand but to TRUST HIM!!!!!!

1 comment:

kay said...

turn every worry into an opportunity to pray. - jared kirk