Monday, February 16, 2009

I bought it, I bought it!!!

I remember years ago, Marshall's had a commercial that had a lady who got to the store early and was tapping on the windows and saying ..OPEN,OPEN,OPEN!! Many times I have been at the store saying"OPEN,OPEN!!! I used to like to shop a lot. But now I go in sperts( not sure that is a word) but when I get that, Spert.. I love it!! I usually like to home shop more than anything else. I love to see the latest stuff for home decor... My tasted has changed over the years, My husband can't believe some of the things I have bought, He says he would have never bought that for me and can't figure me out!! Can you imagine, not being able to figure me out.. We have only been married for almost 25 years.. you'd think he would have some idea... but To His defense.. I have change in my style of decor. not sure what it is, I like to mix old with the new, bold colors... maybe I am shabby chic, hits traditional with a hint of modern all mixed up together and dip into all the colors God made!! Sounds good to me!!!
Hey, blame God, He made me like this.. OK, maybe the world added somethings to me.... and maybe I added somethings.. maybe I bought into some beliefs about myself.. starting when I was young.... My Parents always told me, I was the best girl in the world... My daddy loved His red-headed, freckle face girl, My mom called me sleeping beauty.. My grandparents... thought the sun ,rose and set on me.....It was a good life... I am not complaining,I loved being loved and adored by them all and truth be known, I still do!!!
But My creator, has revealed to me that I have bought into it all.. I Have believed that Life revolved around me, my comfort, my rights, my desires, my LIFE!!! You don't have to be raised by awesome parents and grandparents to believe this but for me, It lead right into.... my beliefs system. which I have lived out most of my life.... I realized How selfish I was.... I have prayed over the years not to be selfish, not to desire my rights and way! God keeps bring me back to" I would decrease., He must INCREASE", That I would get self out of my focus and focus on my Savior! Recently, God has brought this to my attention by His word, a song, and then yesterday at church.Ya think God does not want me to miss this.? I do have an attendances to miss it , if only said once..OUCH! Phil 2:2- 5 "If there is any fellowship of the Spirit,if any affection and compassion,make my joy complete by being of the same mind , Don't be selfish... be humble... don't think of yourself interest but others....Have the attitude of Jesus..This is what he spoke to me through His word.. Then I read about a minister who explains the reason why He closes his prayers with the sign of the cross..."The touching of my forehead and chest makes a capital"I" .The gesture of touching first one shoulder, then the other, cuts the"I" in half"...Isn't that what the cross does? Then I heard the song that goes something like.. Give me eyes that I might see., Give me a heart... like Jesus , yeah, " and then God decided I need to hear one more time.. Yesterday at church. Speaking about Is. 58 and how the children of Israel wanted God's blessings on their lives.. so they did all the right things. like prayers, fasting..etc. but God said.. Your knees are dirty from praying which is good but look at your hands.. they are NOT!!! And I want them dirty from Serving others, not just write a check or donate once a year but to get involve and invest in others.....
I have realized, I bought into the lie.. hook ,line and sinker.... that it was all about ME but Jesus said he came to serve not be served... It is all about HIM!!! .. Let the cross cut the"I"
This is the cure for selfishness!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Great post Lisa! Did you get a chance to read the interview with Rick Warren? He gave back his salary to the church where he had served for years. If you haven't read it, it is on my blog. I know you will be blessed. It really touched my heart and opened my eyes.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren