Monday, October 27, 2008

I am a Sheep

Did you know???... In ancient times the sheep pin was a circular stone corral with a single narrow opening. After the sheep were inside, the shepherd would lie down across the opening, using his own body to form the gate or door of the sheepfold. Nothing could enter or leave the fold without the shepherd knowing about it.
Sheep really should be on the Endangered Species list. Because...Sheep are slow, weak and defenseless, left to on their own, they would starve, they follow one another blindly, according to an unthinking"herd instinct"
They cannot cross deep water without drowning, they are vulnerable to parasites and diseases, they tend to overeat, then lie down and can't get back up ( I am more like them than I care to admit)
Indeed sheep would be virtually extinct- Except for one thing.......
SHEEP follow their SHEPHERD
I was reading in John 10:27- My sheep recognize my voice and I know them and they follow me.. Well after reading what all sheep do, it is not very flattering to be called a sheep.. but really knowing me and what I am capable of, I know I am a sheep , that needs her shepherd!
Isaiah 53: 6 ..... We everyone of us- have strayed away like sheep! We, who left God's paths to follow our own. Yet,God laid on him the guilt and sins of every one of us!
I thank God that He Is my shepherd and He is one Leader, I can't afford not to follow!!!
Remember: God loves EWE!!!!!!!( OK, I could not help myself :O)

No comments: