Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How well are You?

Last week I went to the doctors for my yearly visit. While I was there I notice, there is a well side and sick side.I was so thankful that I could sit in the well side cause You know just sitting on the sick side makes you think you are sick. While I was sitting there I felt for those who were on the sick side but deep inside I was so glad it was not me.
Well, a week has gone by and my test are back and while I have nothing serious, I am not as well as I thought I was. Here I was walking around thinking I was well, when deep inside something was happening , that only a certain test would show , Unless I did not have the test and then it got worse. I did not even have any symptoms. I am just going along with life not knowing what was hidden deep inside. I started to think, How long have I been walking around thinking I am OK spiritually, when deep down inside I have something festering.( anger, fear, pride, etc...) Now I know what the bible was saying when it said "Search me ,OH God, and know my heart and see if there is any wicked way in me" Then and only then will I know how well I truly am.

3 comments:

kay said...

hope everything is ok.

i know i'm not well. i'm always holding onto something that makes me need to sit on the sick side.

oyer said...

Kay, the wonderful thing about God is that He has made a way for us to sit on the well side. The remedy is.. Confession.
God is so good

Unknown said...

Great post and so true. Thanks for sharing it!