Friday, December 5, 2008

Majority Rules , RIGHT ?????

You Know in this day and age of new tech and new gadgets. We should have simplified our lives. In some ways I guess we have.We can talk to many people at one time, we can let people know where we are and what we are doing ,at all times.( Twittering is what they call it).
With all the many different things that we do, All have expectations of us, Like being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, Neighbor, employee, serve at the Church..... the list could go on and on for some of us. Everyone of these , come with people who have expectations of us... Could the majority be Wrong?????
As I read In Luke 4, The people of Capernaum tried to Keep Jesus from leaving them: But He said In vs. 42-43" I must preach the kingdom of God... because For this purpose I have been Sent" How could he resist the majority of the people, could they be wrong? Was he suppose to Forget what his purpose was a because these people needed Him and wanted Him with them, was this a Bad thing? Not a bad thing but Jesus resisted the peoples expectations of Him and stayed on with the purpose That God had Given Him..
I am so glad He did!!!!
He had a choice.....He could have reason w/ them and set up camp with them.. thinking that The whole world was why he came and the cross was His destiny but this town needs me to stay with them, If i had more time, i could help them.Could they be wrong? Yes, they were.
Jesus said no to the good things so He could say yes to the right thing: His unique call..

"Living on Purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing"

2 comments:

Ace said...

Great post Lisa...this is a daily struggle. Is that last quote from you?

oyer said...

I have used the quote for so long that I think it is mine, but it's not, I think I got it from Rick Warren's purpose driven life book. We all struggle w/ this. I think it is satan's way to keep us distracted and just existing and not being the most effective.