Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From Youthful to Useful

Below is a post form a day I did with the swag on the life of David.. I am re posting it cause God had me read it this morning to remind me,AGAIN!!!...

Monday, September 7, 2009
Day 2 From Youthful to Useful

In day one,The Lord ask Samuel How long will you mourn for Saul? This really spoke to me, he ask me, how long you going to mourn,Lisa ? All the could haves, should haves and even the wish I didn't haves.. I even mourn the good ole days or past success.. what that it?I am a whiner to God I usually say,But God...., So it was refreshing to see this man of God whining over the fact that his plan did not work out, what he thought should have happen, didn't! I love God, He always knows what to say.. How long?, I know in my life I have mourned over something for years .I know, it smells really bad by now! So as I do this study, I lay it all down and ask God to renew me and Change my heart to a heart like His~! To stop Mourning and to find that special place He has in His heart for me.

Day 2- In a world where looking younger is all the crave, and we spend lots of money on it,especially for Women! Then as when we look at this younger generation and think to ourselves, They are our future. OH ,LORD,Help US! Do you see what they are wearing? what music they listen too? They are not committed or discipline.... How could this be? That might be what Samuel and David's family was thinking as they waited for Him to come in from the field. Thinking, how can He be useful, He is too young and has no experience, all he does is watch Sheep all day!! I love it, God choose David, but on the surface it made, NO sense at all, He wasn't the oldest, he wasn't the strongest, he wasn't the one with the most experience. So how could this be? It was a God thing! God choose David and took Him from tending sheep to shepherding His people. Ps.78:70-72.
Guess what? He choose You and I. In Is.44:2:10- says He formed you in your mother's womb. We are heaven's custom design, in every detail...Ex.4:11 He planned and packed you on purpose! For His purpose, not to throw away who you are, but recognizing He made you that way to serve him .. Just think, before He said let there be light or place a star in space, He says, I will make Lisa__( Put your name)And I will make Her with this personality___(outgoing) and I will give her these experiences____( being a Preacher's Kid,loss of children). You see, We are God's idea, set aside for His special work ,Jer.1:5. So when your are Wondering ,Why? you look,act or have the family you do ? You are God's Idea! Some may think you are a NUT, but Remember the Oak indwells the acorn! When others see a shepherd boy, God may see a king/ QUEEN!


Because of Jesus, Sisters 4-ever,( blame God ;o).. Love ya, Brat SWAG!(LISA)

1 comment:

kay said...

i'm glad you're a nut! ;)

and thanks for the reminder about the whining. that is so me.