Sunday, January 11, 2009

He still working on me......

I guess you could say I have always been a daddy's girl. Even when I was going through the teen years and we argue about everything, I remember saying.. I NEVER will be like you!!!!!
(I was a little drama queen, OK, maybe I am still, a little)
Well, low and behold, I am just like my Dad. Funny thing is, I love it!!!!
Every time he calls me he sings, he makes up songs and sometimes he sings old ones .. I love to hear Him sing to me... I now realize that I too, sing to my kids , family and friends when I call them, Especially if I get their answering machine. I look at it as , an invitation for me to sing to them. This last week my daddy called me and He sang an old kids song to me," He still working on me, to make me what I should be....." There truth in that kids song, My daddy is 70 years old and saids God is still working on Him. He loves God and is one of the most praying people I have ever known, My Life is a product of His Praying!!! I thank God for giving me, my Daddy.
We,as a family are still working on this crazy puzzle.I really don't think they put all the piece in the box! or someone has taken them to drive us crazy, which I would not put it pass anyone in our family.
It is funny though, my kids have tried to make some of the piece fit, my little girl said she has a pink hammer that she could use to make pieces fit , this is after she hit it a couple of times with her hands... It reminds me of my Life....So many times I have tried to make the pieces fit ....MY self with MY ways!! Did not work out well, at ALL!
God has already told me not to lean unto my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge HIM!!!
Exodus 35:35 He has filled them with Skill....Jer. 29 :11.... He has already prepacked us with everything we need for the pieces of our life... for the purpose which He has called us!!
He knew I would be born in NC, live in Tenn, and Florida , marry , have kids.. and be back in NC. He Knew it all.... good, bad and ugly!!!
He has given me a choice.. Psalms 119:30 I have chosen the way for truth,I have obeyed your laws.... This gift of choice that He has given me.. is a hard gift.. The choice to choose .. narrow gate or wide.. small crowd or big crowd.. Rock or Sand.....
Hard to choose in the moment.. to Obey or self- gratification, to choose... servant or Boss.... to choose MY way or His...The choice to walk in faith or take control.. the choice to surrender my will for His.. the choice ....to not hide anymore and allow Him to be seen in me.....The choice to listen to lies or Truth!!!
He has given us choices, eternal choices with eternal consequences....
I worship Him because....He is still working on me, to make me what I should be.......

No comments: