Sunday, January 4, 2009

Things that puzzle me.. Hummmmm

I hope you have had a great start in the New Year. At our house, it has been a little hectic . Today is the start of... trying to get back on routine. For years I thought of myself as a spontaneous person , but once I am off my routine for a while I am itching to get back on it quickly, maybe it is a control thing.. Ouch!!!
I know many of people ,who over the holidays have puzzles started and when you come into their homes, you are welcome to work on it.
Well, this year we have one... our son Jacob picked it out and it has 1000 pieces!!! I would not suggest for anyone to start out this big, I think a 50 or 100 pieces is pushing it for me.
I have notice that we all look at the puzzle and work on it differently.. some walk by and grab a piece and place it right were it goes, ( I am not that one) some sit for hours and find only four pieces that fit together. It has been funny to see us all get frustrated with it and walk away!!!
Some of us never to return to the puzzle but some are up for the challenge and do it!!
With a couple of days that have gone by I can actually see the picture starting to appear, among the tiny little pieces of puzzles.
While we still have a ways to go, til it is through, it is encouraging to see the end in sight. It kind of reminds me of my life.... When I look at it , it can be over whelming and not look like much at all. Many of times people have walked away with pieces of me, I have wanted to walk away from myself too, but where would I go??
I thank God that He can be trusted... In Phil. 1:6 "He who began a good work in me will cont. it til the day of Jesus Christ." Looking through my own eyes or even eyes of another human being, I do look a mess but Looking through God's eyes.. He sees Jesus!!!!! And as Ps. 103:4 saids He.. loads me with love and mercy!!!
While, I might not see the big picture , I may only see one piece of the puzzle , I can thank God that, He never walks away from me and He going to finish what He started!!!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Amen, Girl! I lost so many puzzle pieces and God found them for me. He is so wonderful. Your blog looks so good! Let's get together soon!
Bren