Friday, January 16, 2009

Loud and Often


I am reading a book by Lanny Donoho imagine "GOD"S BLOGS".
Since I start by accident, blogging, which is really nothing more than sharing what I am learning when I read God's word. Other blogs are about people's day, family, church, job, up coming events. I like reading other blogs. I like people and their stories , I guess you could say.. I am nosey! Does it help?, that I do learn from others.
In this book, he talks about God's favorite stuff He has done: Setting up the universe to spin like it does.. the red sea incident.. SURPRISE LAZARUS!! You're back!... Sent Jesus to earth!.. rolled away that stone so he could come out and show you who I really AM... created YOU in MY image(and you look good)......... It is a good book with refreshing thoughts on the life with God with a quirky author..... if ya need a book to read.
My daughter and I sing before she goes to bed, we sound pretty good.( I think) Well, in the morning, not so much singing is coming out of her, more like whining! She is not a morning person! but this morning she woke up singing "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound,"I wish you could have heard her, she added the vibrato at the end of each notes, just like they sing it on veggie tales.. When she finishes a song, we always clap loud and often and say ..well done!! great job!!! sing it one more time!!! ( We might be those parents, that their kid is on American idol singing and Simeon, Paula and Randy ask Who said you could sing? and they say My parents!!!!(Well, to us she Can sing !!!!)
In my reading ,Psalm 105:2 "Sing to Him, sing psalms to him talk of all His wondrous works!"
Wondrous works....Think about that.. He loves me, he is always near me, He hears me, His eyes are always on me. He died for my sins !!!!Wow!!! Not to mention all the other great things he has done.. create universe, red sea, raise from the dead.......
What do I do?... I sing and worship God. Loud and often, clapping and saying, Well done, awesome job! One more time!!!! I need to worship Him and I need to do it more often....
and for heaven's sake, He does deserve it!!!!!!

No comments: