Friday, January 30, 2009

Watch out!!... Your beliefs are showing!!!

In these last days, and I do believe we are in the last days, But I have heard that most of my life. Being a parent I am more aware of evil than I was a kid or teenager or even young adult.
I have a wonderful and awesome family, but my sister and I joke about how we put the "FUN " in dysfunctional for our family. As I grow older, I realize we all are dysfunctional. It is a wonder we can even do anything with all the baggage some of us have... That is where God comes in and begins a work on our hearts and minds... leaving nothing unturned..
I have really desired to raised my kids to love God with all their heart , mind ,soul and body and love others!!! but I wonder about what they really heard me teach.
You know people can hear ya but they learn from what you really believe.. example... We believe everyone is valuable but who gets our attention the beautiful ones, the ones who are high achievers.. We say no abortion yet, we do not support crisis centers or adoption..We want to reach the un-churched , saying God hangs out with everybody but don't expect to get close to me. We say we are not a racist, but my kid is not hanging out or marrying them!
That's where our hidden beliefs speak louder than our words. We can say we believe it but when the rubber meets the road, our beliefs come out!!!
I would like to believe, it's the world way of doing it and if that were true, we could explain it away cause look who the world's father is!! But it is in the CHURCH.. The body of Christ.. We say God forgives, yet, we don't! We say Jesus came to serve but we won't, We say the church is for the broken, yet let one of the leaders be broken and we all forsake them like the plague. We say God is in control, then we worry.....
No wonder people are confused about Christ.. They always believe the hidden belief rather than the words we say....
As a wife, mother, sister, friend and leader, I wonder what am I really Teaching????

It is scary to sit and ask God to search your heart and reveal to you , what you truly believe, I have even fooled myself in a lot of areas of my life. Facing what's hidden is not easy. It is like on that show "What not to Wear" they have a mirror that the women step in front of to see the whole picture.( glad I don't own one of those). While they can see a lot, they can not see themselves as a whole, directly... We have a mirror..." God's word" to show us truth and the Holy Spirit to reveal the whole Picture, inside and out!!
In every life their is a hidden and spoken belief. The spoken belief does matter and worth getting right. But, The spoken belief can not overcome a Hidden Belief, that is wrong and based on a lie.
Hidden Beliefs shape our souls and changes lives....mine and all who I come in contact with...
Listen to the voice of Truth!!!
Watch out!! Your beliefs are showing!!!!

No comments: