Friday, January 9, 2009

Kindness of a Savior

In my life i have had many people mentor me, some did it with out even knowing it and others walk with me and taught me. My mother is the one who has poured most in my life,She has mentor me in ways she will never know. She has taught me with her words and deeds. I learned more from watching her handle different situations than anything. I will always be grateful to God for allowing me the privilege to have her as my mother. But as great as mother as she is, She hasn't always been there with me.... when I went to school, when I became a wife and moved 8 hours away, then became a mother.. She could not be with me, But there was someone who has been here to mentor me through it all.
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
My dad grew up on farms , they were sharecroppers and he would often take us by the many places that his family lived. He would tell the stories , some were funny but alot stories were of major hard work , that he did as a young boy. I remember him showing us a old plow that they would follow behind the cow or mule or whatever animal they had a that time and plow up the land, it did not sound fun at all to me, so when I read this verse, I realized that I do not want to take any yoke upon me but as I have learned, that when farmers would train a inexperienced ox, they would yoke it with an experience one. The Yoke would be tighter on the older one and they would carry most of the weight.So the younger would walk along side of the older one but his burden would be light... Makes a difference in this verse now.. Jesus is saying"I will walk alongside of you, we are yoke together but I will pull the weight and carry the burden"
WOW!!!!! What kindness, a Savior who could say.. you know you made your bed, now lay in it!, you choose that road now walk it!!!, but not Jesus, he carries my sins, my shame, my hurts, disappointments, my sorrow, my confusion, my fears. I wonder how many things, He has carried, that I know not of, and given me peace when I did not know I needed it.
That is the Kindness of My Savior, that my soul finds rest in.