Saturday, March 14, 2009

A truck is coming... Get out of the way!!!!

In my life group,We are study the book of Mark. I have heard all the stories before but this time I have ask God to give me fresh eyes as I study it again....And boy did He, ya got to love Him, He does hear and answer!!! This week we are studying Mark 5:21-42, A Leader of the synagogue came and ask Jesus to come to his house, His daughter was dying and on his way there, a woman who had been bleeding for years, Touched Him... In studying this, you see that both the man and the woman were desperate for Jesus.. One was religious and one was an outcast but both needed Him!!! It brought me back to what God has been reminding me over and over again..... About two Sunday's ago, we had a video clip of Penn from Penn and Teller, the illusionist. He had been given a NT bible after one of his shows, He clearly was touch by this man and He said that while he knows there is no God(he is atheist) he said that If you truly believe there is a Heaven and Hell, HOW much would you have to Hate someone not to share with them... He said if he saw a truck about to hit you, he would warn you and help you get out of the way!! I can't shake that thought from my heart and mind....So I have written the people that God brought to my heart, some are religious and some are not. I pray that God will work in their lives.. Just as these two people from two different back grounds,He was in high standards with the community and She was the Outcast, both needed Jesus.. So I need to look around, in my church , community, work and family and see who needs Jesus. While there might not be a truck coming down the road.. death is coming to all of us.. I need to step out in faith and WARN them!!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Lisa,
Two Sundays ago I taught Children's Church at Hermon Baptist. We talked about how everyone needs Jesus. I explained to the children that sometimes people do not even know that Jesus exsist. We talked about how Jesus will live in anyone's heart; they only have to invite Him in. The children amazed me with how their parents had taught them to lead others to Christ. The faith of a child is so wonderful.
I love the analogy of the truck coming; just like Jesus, coming soon.
Thanks for sharing such a sweet reminder of just how powerful Jesus's love is.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren