Saturday, August 2, 2008

24 years of marriage

This weekend My man and I are celebrating 24 Years of marriage. I have to say, it has gone by fast, but then again alot has happened and I mean alot has happened during those 24 years.

I can remember meeting him on campus, watching him as he nervously asked me out and I said "Yes" , which is one of the smartest things I have done in my life.
Our relationship has never followed the rules. We have never been the fairy tale couple you see on TV, unless you count Lucy and Ricky ;o) We aren't mushy and definitely not perfect...
We do everything " BIG" Laugh, Live, Fight, and Love!!!

But I have learned that it is all "Ours." The crazy jokes only we understand, the looks, and the smirks.
All the songs he can come up with, out of every word I say.

I have learned that I would rather be "Real" with Him than " fairy tale " with anyone else.
I thank God for allowing us to go and grow on this journey of Life and we are a testimony of only what God can do!!!
I don't know what He has in store for us but I know I want, Duane John Oyer, in My Life.
I know I love him more now that I did 24 years ago, but then again, I was only 19. What were you thinking honey?! I was young and you were.... Well, an Old man!!! hehehehehe
Happy 24Th Baby!!!

No comments: