Monday, August 11, 2008

Flipped remakrds

I must say this is a hard Post for me to write , cause I have been guilty of this so many times.
I have said something not really thinking about what I was saying or how it was going to affect someone .
This was brought to my mind ,when I heard something said about someone, they did not know but the words implanted a thought into my mind and If I choose to repeat it, (not even knowing if true or not) how it could hurt have them, and their ministry, It was a big Ouch to me!!!
God reminded of the times, that I had said things about others not meaning to hurt but they were careless words.... just thrown out there for the taking...( Satan's tool)
Proverbs 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
I have been on both sides of reckless words.. and the sword cuts both ways, going in and coming out!!!
So my prayer today is:
Psalms 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord, keep a watch over the door of my lips.
2 Timothy 2:16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
I pray my words are an encouragement to you..... Like honey!!!

1 comment:

kay said...

ah i have that problem so much!! open mouth insert foot. that's me!

i love what james says about being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. the slow to speak is directly talking to me!!!

thanks for the reminder!!