Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our son was baptized today


Today, our middle son who is 13, was baptized. Duane ( my man) was able to perform it and he got choked up, and well, I did too. I remember when our son, ask Jesus in his heart, A friend of ours , who was his teacher at church led him to the Lord, and he has always said he did it, even when we as parents wondered, if he was too young or wondered if he did totally understood it .
Well, God reminded me, that childlike faith, is all ya need and in Luke 18, Jesus stresses Childlike faith, he welcomes it, he wants us all to come to him in childlike faith for EVERYTHING!!!
When you really think about this, it is hard, the childlike faith he was talking about was not toddlers but infant, he wants me to be depend on Him, Trust him, realize I need him, and expect him to come through for me. Depend, trust, realize, and expect!!, I am only human , how can i do this?... childlike faith
It is just like God to be an 'Out of the box " God.
Why can't he have us be mature, religious people, that would be easier but as a child, a simple relationship, that is what he wants .
God- I want that too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was Great to see Duane baptize Jacob. And great post I need to drill that in my brain!

lyl

JOYce said...

"Jesus loves the little children....."

Jacob,

'Always and in all ways' continue to obey Jesus. He loves you very much and so do I. Praise you Lord!

ily