Thursday, August 21, 2008

Everybody has a Mat

In reading this morning, I read about the man in the Bible who was paralyzed and had to be carried by friends to see Jesus. After reading what truly this man went through, the fact that he even had friends was a miracle, cause back then people who were in that condition didn't they were outcast, even the kings wanted them dead at births and then the people thought they had sinned to have this done to them. Wow, I wondered if we have come along way since then.....
This man being totally depended on his friends, his trusting them with his being vulnerabilities. this mat should had created a wedge between he and them, instead became an opportunity for them to serve and love and value him as Jesus does us. Everyone o f us has a mat, something that should drive a wedge between us and them.. like drugs, fear, temper, need to be in control, or has a hard time to trust..... We all have a Mat, some of us pretend we don't cause we can make our mat look pretty or disguise it or Mask it..... But when we choose to live in community as this man did he allowed them to see his mat and to only see it but help carry it!!!! Wow what courage he had to be that vulnerable.
In my life I have had friends who have carried my mat and because they did, I was healed and restored. So today I asked myself ......
Am I living in community ,where I let others see my mat ,so that in those areas of my life that I need help, they carry my mat? And whose Mat do I need to carry?

1 comment:

Amy Clary said...

This post really challenged me and ministered to me.
God bless!

(visiting from MBC)