Friday, December 12, 2008

Moma, Where did I get this Scar?

Yesterday, I read a blog by ragamuffins soul , He was talking about his daughter and how she fell and had a big scar on her chin and how she was sad to go to school because she did not want the kids to make fun of her, Well, her daddy went into his wife's make up and drew scars on his face and said he would wear it to work. I love his attempts to console His little girl and try and help her through her pain.That's what a great daddy does!
Last night my little girl was pointing to a scar and asking me where she got that one and then she would point to another one and ask where did I get this one? Some of them,I would remember.... like when she fell on the side walk,or she burned her arm on a fire pit but many others I did not remember.( she is an active child :o)
Do you remember the movie with Mel Gibson and Renee? I think it is Lethal weapon 1,2 or something like that, where they compared their scars to see who had the biggest one or the biggest story about the scar? Anyways, I think sometimes, I do that, I look at my scars or I compare my scars to others. Thinking ,hey ,mine is not so bad but most time I try and hide my scars, like the ones on my legs, from many motorcycle burns and accidents. Some of my own doing and some from others doings. ( I will blame my older brother ;o) We do like motorcycles!! many scars i don't remember where i got them from.
It is just like the scars in my mind and heart,that Satan keeps lying to me about and trying to defeat me with. Some are from others, some I don't know where they came from but most are from my own doings! I praise God that, He loved me so much that he sent His son so that by His scars , I am healed!!!! We have a Father who does know and understand All of our scars.
I no longer have to hide them or be ashamed of them, God has and can use them to help others, be healed. Where did you get your scars? Give them to Him , to heal and use for His glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Isn't it wonderful that Our Heavenly Father loves us? When we accept His Gift of Eternal Life, Our Heavenly Father forgets about our "scars"! He no longer sees our imperfections, He only sees His Children. It is even more wonderful that Our Heavenly Father can't see our sinful past!
Bless you Lisa and your sweet, little girl. God blesses us so much through our children.
Your Sister Friend,
Brenda

oyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.