Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Thats what friends are for"

Don't ya just love that song.? You can sing it with me..... In good times and bad times... that's what friends are for....
I have had friends, some good, some bad. I have been a good friend and I have been a bad friend.. The bible talks alot about friendships.. I love the story of Jonathan and David but my favorite is when Jesus calls us His friends. How cool is that ????
What do you do with a friend? shop, visit, shop, go out to eat, pray with them, laugh with them, cry with them, shop with them, OK, you get it!
We see John who loved Jesus.. he lived out Proverbs 17:17"A friend loves at all times"
He was loyal to Jesus to the end, he was the only disciple at the cross. Even when he himself did not understand it all that was going on...
It did not really matter that he understood, he was more concern that His friend, Jesus was in trouble and he came to help Him.......Cause "That's what friends are for!!!!"

Who do you need to be a friend too, even if you don't understand all that they are going through?

2 comments:

Ace said...

Many times I think I need to be a better friend to Jesus actually. When I miss my quiet time for a day, or a few days for that matter, I think of it as me standing up a friend...not meeting them at the time or place I said we would meet, and sometimes I act as if it doesn't even bother me. some friend I am huh?

oyer said...

So true Candance. How many times I have missed my time w/ him and would never dream of even being late for an appt. with a friend.
I am grateful that His friendship to me is not determine on mine to Him, He.. loads me love and mercy! Psalms 103:4Now that is a real friend!!!