Monday, December 29, 2008

It is Important for us to be on the Right Track but......

As I come to the end of the year, I can't believe it is 2009, I remember when..... OK, I won't go there. But as I begin a new year, I sit here and start to make new years resolutions, .......

You know as a parent, I was so proud when my kids began to walk and talk. ( Now, I am not so sure about that! ) I remember our son Jacob, who is deaf, His first word was "fish". We were so excited, I wanted it to be Moma, but I was so happy when he signed fish cause we knew he got "IT" He understood that everything had a sign and he began to communicate with us. He hasn't stop talking since ;o).

I was reading 2 John as a prayer, I pray for my kids for years, I notice how excited John was in watching his "Spiritual Children" learn to walk..
verse 2-4 , they were living in the truth.
verse 6- they were walking in the truth- they believed it, obeying it in words and deeds!!!
verse 9- they were abiding in the truth- their faith was grounded in His word.( so they would not wonder from it)
Now you see why i pray this for my kids...What progress they made.... living, walking, abiding....
I look back at my life this past year and see some progress, some baby , big steps, some forward, some backwards.... This year, 2009, I want to learn to live, walk and abide in His truth more.
It's important for us to be on the right track, but don't just sit there, Get up!!! Live, Walk and Abide or....... you'll get run over!!!!

1 comment:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Lisa,
Happy New Year! Hope to see you soon! Thank God for having faith grounded in His Holy Word.
Bren